Thank you all for attending Session 4 of our WinRT Development Course. It was great to see you all understand, embrace and use the new WinRT API! J
- AsyncDemonstration.zip: Source code of the project I used to demonstrate the difference between synchronous and asynchronous code execution
- DemoFinal.zip: Source code of the project we developed together. This application allows to take a picture from an attached webcam, save it in the Pictures Library and create diary entries.
- Presentation.pptx: The slide deck
- Session Recording
- HomeworkFinal.zip: Sample implementation of the homework (please try to solve it on your own first!)
Please don’t forget about Danny’s upcoming session on Monday – Jan 28th! I will see you all again on February 4th!
Overview of sessions
The links below lead you to Meetup Events where you can RSVP. We look forward to seeing you at our next session!
1. Introductory Lecture (Nov 27th by Danny & Kevin)
2. Introduction to XAML and WinRT’s powerful Control Framework; (Dec 4th by Danny & Kevin Click here for the video recording)
3. Page-Navigation Model and Application Lifecycle (Jan 8th by Danny Click here for the video recording)
4. Fundamentals (Async/Await, WinRT API, Security) (Jan 15th by Kevin Click here for the video recording)
5. Settings and Search Contract (Jan 28th by Danny)
6. Share Contract (Feb 4th by Kevin)
7. Live Tiles and Background Tasks (March 18th by Kevin)
8. Orientation Handling and Proximity using Near Field Communication (NFC) (March 25th by Danny)
9. Introduction to ModelViewViewModel (MVVM) (April 8th by Danny)
10. InterKnowlogy’s WinRT MVVM Framework Session Part I/II(April 22nd by Kevin)
11. InterKnowlogy’s WinRT MVVM Framework Session Part II/II(May 6th by Danny)
12. Presentation of Hackathon Results + Certificate/Prize Giveaway(May 22nd by Danny and Kevin)