Do you believe that software can change the world? How about the opportunity to work on an application that promises to help accelerate a cure for cancer?
InterKnowlogy, experts in Microsoft .NET Tools, Servers and Platforms, is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. InterKnowlogy, is a professional services organization specializing in custom application development and network services focused on Microsoft® .NET. Having customers large and small around the world, InterKnowlogy is well known within the .NET ecosystem worldwide as one of the leaders in .NET application development.
The Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California, is one of the largest private, nonprofit biomedical research organizations in the US and a world leader in the structure of biological molecules. Scientists at Scripps Research wanted a better way to organize biological research information and share it with their colleagues. InterKnowlogy developed an application built on the Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.0 with Windows® Presentation Foundation, and Windows Vista™ giving scientists a powerful tool to visualize and annotate research results. This application allowed for faster scientific collaboration, easier access to data and a dynamic development process. You can read the full case study on Microsoft.com.
We are embarking on Release II of the application. I have decided to include four developers from the community in the development team (working for Interknowlogy virtually). Here’s what we are looking for in a software development engineer.
- Well-rounded skills in software application development.
- One who has been working primarily with C# for at least the past two years, with an additional minimum three years of Microsoft .NET framework application development experience (and preferable some 2.0 and 3.0 experience).
- Familiarity with Object Oriented design methodology.
- A successful candidate will have experience with Windows client application development (.NET WinForms, preferably WPF) and web services.
- Desirable to have experience with SharePoint, preferable Office SharePoint Server 2007, Office Document XML, or other custom Office applications. You should also have experience working within a distributed development team.
Does this sound like you? Tell me why we should consider you for this opportunity by replying to Calling all Developers with a one-page word document telling us what you are most proud of in your career and why you should be selected to work on this project. We are going to move quickly on this so tell me now why you would be the right person for the team. This is a paid position. And you might even get some publicity for participating! Thanks for considering being a part of this important project!