Yesterday, Microsoft’s early Easter Bunny brought some awesome goodies for all the eager ones of you who are spending nights, days, and of course weekends developing outstanding apps for our WinRT Development Class’s Hackathon (no pressure!)!
So far, we’ve got an XBOX 360, a wireless Wedge Mobile Keyboard, a wireless Wedge Touch mouse, a top notch Microsoft Azure backpack, tons of t-shirts (try to read the word without cheating and looking at an ASCII table!) and 10 solar chargers – in case you get stranded on a lonely island (which happens to have a cellphone tower) and need to call for rescue.
Thank you Microsoft!!
UPDATE! Nokia just mailed a Lumia 800! Another amazing prize for the Hackathon! Thank you!
Overview of sessions
The links below lead you to Meetup Events where you can RSVP. We look forward to seeing you at our next session!
1. Introductory Lecture (Nov 27th by Danny & Kevin)
2. Introduction to XAML and WinRT’s powerful Control Framework; (Dec 4th by Danny & Kevin Click here for the video recording)
3. Page-Navigation Model and Application Lifecycle (Jan 8th by Danny Click here for the video recording)
4. Fundamentals (Async/Await, WinRT API, Security) (Jan 15th by Kevin Click here for the video recording)
5. Settings and Search Contract (Jan 28th by Danny Click here for the video recording)
6. Share Contract (Feb 4th by Kevin Click here for the video recording)
7. Live Tiles and Background Tasks (March 18th by Kevin)
8. Orientation Handling and Proximity using Near Field Communication (NFC) (March 25th by Danny)
9. Introduction to ModelViewViewModel (MVVM) (April 8th by Danny)
10. InterKnowlogy’s WinRT MVVM Framework Session Part I/II(April 22nd by Kevin)
11. InterKnowlogy’s WinRT MVVM Framework Session Part II/II(May 6th by Danny)
12. Presentation of Hackathon Results + Certificate/Prize Giveaway(May 22nd by Danny and Kevin)